The Flying Bridge is truly one of Cape Cod’s landmark restaurants. Situated on Falmouth Inner Harbor, the restaurant was built in 1957 by Fred Wormelle. The prominent location and stylized design which included an abundance of glossy wood and sleek tourquios seating embodied all the glamour and style at the height of the post-war boom era. In addition to some dockage, the 14,000 square foot two-story structure has seating for over 500 including outdoor seating on the harbor view decks.
The Wormelle family operated the restaurant until the mid 1980’s until it was sold to local restaurantuer and radio talk show host Don McKeag. The Wormelle’s went on to invest in East Marine, a small marina located on the opposite side of Falmouth Inner Harbor. About three years later the restaurant was sold to another operator who ultimately lost the property in a foreclosure. In 1992, the property was acquired at auction for $1.1 million by the current owner a Wellsley, MA based investor. Two years later, The Flying Bridge restaurant operation was placed in the able hands of local restauranteur and benefactor William Zammer who has done a fine job of restoring the stature and appeal of this landmark waterfront dining place.
Click here for current information on The Flying Bridge.